Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Equally Yoked


As I look through my past blog posts, I am amazed at how much my life has changed over the course of a year or so.  My marriage is stronger than it has ever been before, even during those times when my husband’s bipolar disorder was not evident. 

Lee’s illness, although much less severe as time marches on, occasionally raises its ugly head.  However, I am glad and proud (and certainly thankful) to say that he has decided to turn his life over to Jesus Christ and that this choice has helped him (and me) tremendously.  Experience and medication are also huge helpers in the bipolar shuffle.  There have been a lot of ups and downs over the past twelve months, but we have decided together to let the Father be our guide.  We want to go wherever he leads.

I have found that being equally yoked with my man is far less painful and far less tiring than when I held the heavier end of the burden. 

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:  for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?

Although Lee had heard the salvation story before, and had even prayed the sinner’s prayer, he never truly accepted or believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior until a short time ago.  He says that he basically didn’t understand the full meaning of salvation but was simply trying to deal with the fear of going to Hell.  Now, I can see the evidence in his life that he means to do better, that he wants to do better and that he is taking risks to prove his faith.

Now, to see where this path goes; that is a scary and exciting endeavor.  Yet, with the hope of God on our side, we shall prevail.  So, in the face of adversity, we have decided to take up stakes and move 350 miles away to Lee's hometown.  Soon, we hope, our house will be going up for sale.  We've already secured a place to live there.  May the Lord lead us, guide us and direct us...and help me not to be scared to death either...as we seek His will!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Hi, is there any way to connect with you? My hubby is also bp and we're both Christians and we're going through a storm at the moment. It would be great to connect with other Christian women who are in the same boat as I bc I sometimes feel REALLY alone in this!! Thanks and blessings :)